- The Wiltshire Squash rankings will be split into separate listings for each
Division (Division 1, 2 & 3 for 2001/02).
- Only WSRA registered players that have played three or more matches will be
included in the scheme - a separate lower listing will be provided for "others".
- The overall aim is for an objective order of merit based on current and recent
This is, however, frequently difficult to achieve due to the nature of the scheme and
there will sometimes inevitably be a degree of subjectivity involved based upon the
League Secretary's views and perceptions.
- The most important facet for obtaining overall accuracy is to have a reasonably
accurate order of merit at the start of the season.
The only criteria used to decide this are
- Previous season's ranking (if any), and
- String number in current team
- Thereafter the rankings will effectively act as a ladder system whereby
movement will be based upon results between respective players on a match-by-match
- If a lower ranked player beats a higher ranked player then the lower ranked player
will usually go above him/her.
However, no player may rise more than 10 places on the strength of just one result (or
5 places in the case of a top-20 player).
To accommodate relative movements, the higher ranked player may also drop, but by no
more than 5 places for a single losing match.
- Individual match and game scores will also influence movements; injuries and
possible "fluke" results will also be taken into account.
Updated 20th September 2001
Wilts SRA home page.